2025
MA15+
Fantasy
After centuries of searching for his lost love, a vampire finds her reincarnation in 19th-century Paris — but a priest is determined to stop him.
I prevaricated a while over whether to watch Dracula: A Love Tale as I suspected I would find more faults than positives with it, and sadly that was the case, though perhaps not as much as I had feared. On the plus side, I generally liked the cinematography and I had no major gripes over any of the performances from the cast. Where it mostly fell down for me was with some of the nonsensical things added in that just didn't work. Firstly the gargoyles: completely pointless and not even good CGI. Secondly, the ridiculous plot point about the perfume, which again added nothing to the story and just seemed absurd. Was this completely unwatchable? No, it was entertaining enough for a single watch and had some good moments. Is it the best adaptation of the story? Definitely not, and I wouldn't recommend it to people over others. In the end, I'll give it 3 stars.

No comments:
Post a Comment