Wednesday, 5 August 2026

TV Review: Agent from Above (2026) (Fantasy)

Agent from Above (乩身)
2026
8 episodes
MA15+
Fantasy
Netflix

A troubled young man becomes a divine agent through a pact with a deity. His job? To protect the mortal realm from dark forces — with a little help.

Agent from Above was an enjoyable fantasy mini-series. It has definite Constantine vibes, and in fact when my husband asked me what I was watching and I gave him a quick summary, his reaction, too, was, 'Oh, so it's a bit like Constantine'So, I guess if you are a fan of Constantine, this might be worth adding to your list just on that point alone. The story combines a lot of elements from Daoism. It's perhaps not absolutely necessary to understand those things, but if you have at least a little knowledge it will make viewing the series a richer experience. Luckily I have watched and read a lot of danmei that revolves around the same themes, so I could follow all the references. It's a pretty fast-paced series with plenty of action, and I found the VFX generally good. Eight episodes felt just right length-wise and it was a quick and light evening watch. I am giving it four stars in the end. It was entertaining and fun, but I felt it could have done with a little more emotional depth here and there. If they made a sequel, though, I would definitely watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment