Wednesday, 7 October 2026

Book Review: Cozy Fit Strength Training in Your Sweatpants by Charline Girardel (Non-Fiction)

Cozy Fit Strength Training in Your Sweatpants
Charline Girardel, Alice Duyck
Wellfleet Press
26 January 2027 (1939)
144
eBook - PDF
Non-Fiction
ARC via Edelweiss

Designed for people who want to move their bodies without pressure, equipment, or changing out of their pajamas, Cozy Fit Strength Training in Your Sweatpants offers 50 gentle but effective exercises you can do at home using everyday furniture.

Discover a gentler approach to strength training, without a gym membership or judgment, while staying cozy and comfortable at home.

Have absolutely—and we mean *absolutely*—no desire to go outside? Are you in full-on “can’t be bothered, don’t feel like doing anything” mode? In this ultra-cozy fitness guide, you’ll find all the tips you need to build muscle without ever having to let go of your throw blanket.

Who said workouts must be hard, cold, or uncomfortable? Cozy Fit Strength Training in Your Sweatpants is designed for people who want to move their bodies without pressure, equipment, or changing out of their pajamas—with 50 gentle but effective exercises you can do at home using everyday furniture like your bed, a wall, a chair, or even a sink. No gym. No gear. No intimidation.

 

As someone who would live in sweatpants 24/7 if I could, this book held instant appeal. In addition to the clothing, I was keen to see ways I could bring some light movement and training into my day when I am too busy for a focused exercise session. On that front, I found it pretty good. I have some back issues at present, so a few of the exercises looked a bit too much for me, at least for the time being. Others, though, seemed simple and easy to try without the need for a lot of space or equipment, and I will certainly be testing a few of them out going forward. The illustrations are super cute. My only reservation on them is that they are not exact, and when an exercise contains advise on not twisting or bending a certain way, that could be more easily viewed in a photo, whereas with the looser illustrations it will be harder to tell if you have the form right, and you could risk hurting yourself if you don't. Something for readers to bear in mind. Overall, though, this was cute and fun and I definitely felt more motivated to add some additional movement into my day after reading it. As such, I am giving it 4 stars.

I received this book as a free eBook ARC via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment