Saturday, 5 September 2026

TV Review: Take a Hike! (2026) (Reality)

Take a Hike! (대체 등산을 왜 하는 건데?)
2026
10 episodes
M
Reality
Netflix

Four celebrity hiking newbies end up forming a club to tackle Korea's snow‑capped peaks. Can they figure out why on earth people go to the mountains?

I watched Take a Hike! partly because I like to mix a few Korean reality shows into my viewing for the chance to practice listening to real, unscripted conversation styles and partly to see the scenery, since I am never going to be climbing any mountains like that myself. Overall, I really had fun with this one. It was interesting to see all the mountains (and how tough the terrain was to navigate), but there was also a lot of humour in the interactions between the celebrities which had me constantly cracking up. I love how, with these types of shows, they show the Korean text of what is being said on the screen too. When the speakers have strong accents, it really helps for my comprehension. I am giving this one 4.5 stars. It is worth watching if you like Korean reality shows filled with humour and if you want to see some of Korea's beautiful landscapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment