2026
8 episodes
MA15+
Drama
Netflix
In Joseon, a secret proposal ignites hidden desires in a gifted noblewoman, a famed lover and an unsuspecting lady caught in their dangerous game.
It's no secret to anyone who follows my blog that I love Les Liaisons Dangereuses: the book, the play, the film, the opera. Therefore it will come as no surprise that I rushed to watch this K-drama loosely based on the story. I thought the transposition of the setting to Joseon-era Korea worked well. There were story elements they changed to accommodate that, but the story still flowed naturally. The biggest change was to the ending, which I won't go into to avoid spoilers except to say that I had no problem with that. The casting was good and the leads all threw themselves into their roles. The piece was beautifully shot and generally nicely paced throughout. I really enjoyed it from start to finish, so I am giving it 5 stars. It's a looser adaptation of the story compared to others, but that worked in its favour in allowing the transposition to a different culture.


No comments:
Post a Comment