2026
10 episodes
MA15+
Thriller
Netflix
A reclusive writer wakes to find his identity stolen — and must ally with a ruthless loan shark to reclaim his life from a man known as "The Rat".
Mousetrap was a drama that attracted me with it's premise and the promise of a psychological thriller. The theme was certainly interesting with the real-life possibilities it presented in an age where the internet and hacking make identity fraud a constant and growing threat. I also enjoyed the way Korean folklore was woven through the plot. Nonetheless, in the first few episodes I was distracted and not fully immersed, perhaps because it all seemed a little obvious and anti-climatic. However, by the middle the twists started coming in quick succession overthrowing everything I thought I had worked out, and at that point my interest peaked. The pacing too began to speed up at this point. Overall, I am giving this one 4.5 stars. It wasn't perfect but it was imaginative and (in the second half) exciting viewing.
_poster.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment