Wednesday, 16 September 2026

TV Review: Dept. Q (2025) (Crime Drama)

Dept. Q
2025
9 episodes
MA15+
Crime Drama
Netflix

A brash but brilliant cop becomes head of a new police department, where he leads an unlikely team of misfits in solving Edinburgh's cold cases.

I came to this series already familiar with the Danish films and the original books. I therefore knew the basic storyline of this first series, meaning some of the tension was lost. However, overall I found the series enjoyable and would definitely watch season 2. I thought the transposition of the story from Denmark to Scotland worked well and Matthew Goode was excellent as Carl. He was the main draw for me in choosing to watch this series and I thought he did a great job with the role. I also loved Alexej Manvelov as Akram; he really brought that character to life. In the end I have giving this one 4.5 stars. Recommended if you like slow-burn crime dramas.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment